The workout at Rain’s was okay. I kept getting stupid dizzy and had to keep stopping, meh. But it’s a two mile walk each way so at least I got out. Afterwards, we had pizza & beer (so much for that workout) and laughed our heads off at the Big Bang Theory – the Soft Kitty episode!! Ha ha love it.
Our third person, the other guy, I have learned is indeed very religious and we butted heads a bit when he started saying bad stuff about homosexuals. Ooh. Even now I’m getting angry. I struggle to accept people for who they are, when they don’t accept people for who they are. (Yeah, wrap your head around it for a second.) I suppose the difference is that people have been persecuted for being gay and that’s not okay with me.
It led to a very animated discussion between Rain and I after Third Guy had left, which morphed into other life topics and we ended up talking for hours. He’s such a good person.
At the end of the night, here are the things I have concluded or that have been reaffirmed in my mind: Strictly my beliefs!
1) There is no one, all-encompassing, universal truth.
2) I don’t know where people came from, where religion started, or if there’s a God. I don’t suppose that we’ll ever, ever know for sure or ever be able to prove anything.
3) The two reasons above are why I am not hunting for “the truth.” I’ll continue learning and forming my own beliefs, but I’m perfectly okay with not knowing.
4) I don’t believe in the Bible, and it sucks when people use it as a reason to condemn others. I wish it were never written.
5) The one thing that I can be sure of, that is important to the human race, is human connection and love for each other. If we can’t support one another then we have nothing.
6) I will keep the people in my life who value that connection. I won’t waste my time with the others.
7) I love Au4.
That’s it. Those are my items for the night.
Also, I talked with Chuck on the phone, very briefly. It was great to touch base with a familiar friend… we’ll try to video chat in the next few weeks when his computer is back up and running.
In the meantime, I’ve got some stuff to do to prepare for my first class. I’m quite determined not to fall behind this semester.